I almost forgot about this one, very late posting because first, this was the project I did a month ago and second, it’s end of summer, look like this dress will be the last summer dress project for this year.
I had so much fun working on this dress, the fabric itself is very inspiring… happy with the outcome.
This is the 3rd posting of sewing children dress in a row. Seems like all I have been doing is just sewing and sewing dresses for my little one :) … actually this is not a recently finished project, I made this 2 weeks ago and only be able to post it today.
The design is what my mom usually made for us, her children, pretty classic and timeless.
The polkadot fabric is, again, left over batik fabric which complement the main fabric very well.
Do you see the miss match buttons? blame the spare buttons :)
The best moment of this project is seeing my little one wearing it!
My favorite part of this dress is the blue fabric that I got from JoAnn with 40% coupon. So classy, elegant, and also cute at the same time, children version of toile fabric. The design inspiration came from the romper I saw at Janie&Jack. Instead of romper, I changed it to dress. This dress is very versatile, it can be adjusted to adapt to my little one’s growth. When she is taller I just need to lower the tie, when she is bigger the elastic band on the waist area will still make her comfortable. Hopefully it brings you inspiration!
Isn’t it pretty?
It’s been more than a month since my last posting, really that long?? I thought it’s just last week or two weeks ago… and it’s July? already?I guess World Cup and Wimbledon have been keeping me quite disconnect with the calendar.
I am working on dresses for my little one, soon will be posted. Before that, this is my weekend project I did 3 weeks ago, Love applique.
So here come the part 2, sewing tote bag for my little one. If you miss the previous posting, here is the link. All the materials I used in this project came from my scrap fabric storage therefore the size this tote bag basically based on what scrap fabric size I had.
I cut the main (the one with bear embroidery) and lining fabric in 14″ x 18″ including 1/4″ seam allowance, the straps is 1″ wide x 12″ long ( finished size).
Fold in half and sew the fabric on the longest side with right side facing together. Do the same for the lining. Draw line about 2″ from each corner, sew, then cut the excess. Do the same for the lining.
Turn the main fabric and lining with the right side facing together, position each straps about 3″ from edge, sew the top and leave 2″ opening for flipping.
This is the picture after I flip it. Sew the top including the opening.
Seeing my girl liking it is priceless :)