I’ve made this recipe several times, and have always been happy with the outcome… I can say that this is fool proof brioche recipe since even me who just started baking bread not long ago can not mess it.
The original recipe is by Simply Delicious, Brioche Loaf.
If you don’t have bread maker or fancy standing mixer, hand mixer and elbow grease will also do, hopefully this tutorial will help.
- In a bowl combine 125ml warm milk, 70 gr sugar, and 10 gr dried yeast.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes until creamy and start to froth slightly.
- Add 4 eggs, beat with mixer until well incorporated, light, and creamy.
- Slowly add 500 gr all purpose flour and 2 tsp salt, continue to mix until all the flour has been incorporated, then continue for another minute. At this stage, the mixture will start to form sticky rubbery dough and your hand mixture might not be able to go further. It’s ok, next step we will continue with hands so you can put aside the hand mixer.
5. Add 175 gr butter, cubed. Butter has to be slightly soft for our hands to knead it.
9. The next day, remove it from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
10. Add some raisins ( soak the raisins in warm water first), divide the dough into small buns, place them in muffin tin, cover with cloth and allow to rise for 2 hours.
11. Preheat oven to 180C.
12. Brush the buns with eggwash, bake about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your bun, until golden brown.
13. Remove and let to cool.