I have seen many pretty and cute crochet flower tutorial and patterns in internet. They all look great for brooch, but this one is my favorite, so elegant and perfect for my brooch project. I found the pattern in Ravelry.com by Daniela Herbertz. With some accessory pearls and beads, make it more custom look and feel fancy.
This is what it looks like once we finish the stitches.
Put it together to form the rosette, add the pearls or beads.
Add felt and stitch the pin on the back.
I made it in 2 colors.
Perfect for gift.
Perfect for jacket, perfect for summer!
After making Mushroom Puff, I started my search of other recipe using pastry sheet. There’s a picture of mini pizza with puff pastry, the sheet was cut rectangle then we add the pizza toppings we want, bake it, that’s it… so easy. It gave me idea for making my version of mini pizza, I rolled it up. Perfect for snack.
1. Prepare 1 pastry sheet on well floured surface, spread tomato sauce onto the top, add 1C corn, 1/4C chopped sweet onion, 2 tbs green onion, add grated cheese as desired: white swiss, parmesan, cheddar, finish with mayo. Bottom line is you just add whatever you want for your pizza to suit your taste.
2. Roll it, seal the end with egg wash, cut into 10 pieces, bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
3. Here is the look fresh from the oven.
4. Bon appétit.
Bought this shirt in heavy discount price on Target, on the way home suddenly got idea to add on cupcake applique to make it more appealing, then remembered that my sewing machine’s broken, eventually still have the cupcake applique but in crochet. At the end mission’s accomplished, the shirt’s nicer.
This is the applique. Not a good tutorial since I don’t have the pattern, basically just trial and error to get the shape, hopefully it still bring you inspiration.
I tried couple times to make my own puff pastry, they tasted good but didn’t have the texture I was looking for. I think I need to practice more rolling and folding the dough to get those nice layers. Since I had been so curios about this recipe, I got it from Pinterest, I decided to go with the frozen pastry sheet available in grocery store. That cut the work and time, thanks to Pepperidge Farm, the pastry sheet I used.
1. In this recipe I only used half of the package = 1 pastry sheet. Prepare the oven at 350F.
A. Mix following ingredients for the filling mixture: 4 oz creamcheese( room temperature), 1/4C parmesan, 1/2C mushroom, rinsed and drained( I used canned mushroom because it’s what I had that time), 1/4C chooped sweet onion, 1/2 tbs garlic powder, 1 tbs green onion, dash of pepper.
B. Cut the pastry sheet on well floured surface, add the filling mixture.
C. Brush the edge with the egg wash( for the egg wash, I whisked 1 egg without water), fold and seal.
D. Cut to 5 or 6 pieces. Brush the top with egg wash, sprinkle with pepper.
2. Bake for 15 minutes, take out and apply another egg wash, put back to oven for 5 more minutes, do it as quick as possible. Why do this? because I want to make sure the surface will have nice color, shining gold 🙂
3. Bon appétit
We have a section in the freezer dedicated to salmon since my little one hit 1 year mark. It is her favorite menu. With all those salmons ready to be grabbed and cooked I started searching new salmon menu, I found this recipe here http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pan-roasted-salmon-with-tomato-vinaigrette.
I changed the cooking method, instead of transferring the salmon from stove to oven I just seared the salmon on the pan and put lid to cover couple minutes to make sure it’s cook entirely.