Happy New Year!
Feels like just last month I wrote 1st posting in 2015… and here I’m now writing my 1st posting for this year. Everything seems so fast and quick nowadays… well talking about quick, this is a quick snack you can make anytime effortlessly, Raspberry Pastry.
Cut the pastry sheet square about 2″x2″, fold the corners onto the center, top with sweetened and softened cream cheese, top with raspberry, brush with egg wash, bake until golden brown, dust with powdered sugar. Serve!
After making Mushroom Puff, I started my search of other recipe using pastry sheet. There’s a picture of mini pizza with puff pastry, the sheet was cut rectangle then we add the pizza toppings we want, bake it, that’s it… so easy. It gave me idea for making my version of mini pizza, I rolled it up. Perfect for snack.
1. Prepare 1 pastry sheet on well floured surface, spread tomato sauce onto the top, add 1C corn, 1/4C chopped sweet onion, 2 tbs green onion, add grated cheese as desired: white swiss, parmesan, cheddar, finish with mayo. Bottom line is you just add whatever you want for your pizza to suit your taste.
2. Roll it, seal the end with egg wash, cut into 10 pieces, bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
3. Here is the look fresh from the oven.
4. Bon appétit.
I like quiche especially spinach mushroom quiche. Since I didn’t have pie pastry and felt lazy to make pie crust I decided to go with ingredients that I had in fridge, potatoes. I remembered reading a post about making potato crust for dessert then came the idea of making Potato Crust Cup-quiche.
I thought quiche in cupcake size would be super cute, just be patient with the process and you will be happy with the result. It is also good for snack. Instead of spinach and ham, I used broccoli and chicken sausage.
* 12 cupcake size servings
1. Shred 4 small/medium potatoes, squeeze extra water, add 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/2 tsp salt, mix thoroughly.
2. Press the potato mixture into well greased cupcake pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
3. For the filling : put 2 tbsp e.v.o.o in pan and cook 1/3 cup onion until transparent then add 1 cup sliced mushroom, stir for about 2 minutes, add 1 cup broccoli florets and 1/2 cup sliced/chopped chicken sausage.
4. For the egg mixture : whisk 2 eggs with 1/2 cup heavy cream, dash of nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. Put the filling into potato crust, add shredded cheddar cheese, pour the egg mixture.
6. Put back into oven for another 20 minutes.
7. Bon appétit.