This is the 3rd posting of sewing children dress in a row. Seems like all I have been doing is just sewing and sewing dresses for my little one 🙂 … actually this is not a recently finished project, I made this 2 weeks ago and only be able to post it today.
The design is what my mom usually made for us, her children, pretty classic and timeless.
The polkadot fabric is, again, left over batik fabric which complement the main fabric very well.
Do you see the miss match buttons? blame the spare buttons 🙂
The best moment of this project is seeing my little one wearing it!
This menu makes me feel “at home”, somehow makes me forget I am half of the globe away from my hometown. For those looking for recipe that incorporates turmeric, this may suit you. This is Indonesian traditional fried chicken recipe, very popular and you can find it almost everywhere in Indonesia, though sometimes people use different name but usually we can tell from the basic taste, turmeric and coriander.
1. Prepare and cut the chicken. I hope this picture would give you idea about the size of the chicken I used since I didn’t know its weight.
2. Prepare the ingredient: 1 lemon grass(cut), 2 fresh turmeric about 1.5″ each, 5 shallots, 4 garlic, 4candlenuts, 4 bay leaves,3″ galangal, and 1 tbs coriander. Ground the turmeric, shallots, garlic, candlenut, and coriander. My method is using food processor by adding 1C of water, quick and easy.
4. A. Arrange the lemon grass, bay leaves, and galangal on the top of chicken in the medium pot.
B. Pour the liquid from food processor. C. Add water just enough to cover the chicken (not too much to make the chicken floating). Add about 1 tbs salt, taste it once the water start boiling, add more if needed. D. Leave it for 15 minutes(this is my additional step to make sure the chicken absorbs the seasoning thoroughly), cook for 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
5. Drain the liquid, you can store it in air tight container in the fridge.
6. Fry in medium heat oil until golden brown, serve!
I have seen many pretty and cute crochet flower tutorial and patterns in internet. They all look great for brooch, but this one is my favorite, so elegant and perfect for my brooch project. I found the pattern in Ravelry.com by Daniela Herbertz. With some accessory pearls and beads, make it more custom look and feel fancy.
This is what it looks like once we finish the stitches.
Put it together to form the rosette, add the pearls or beads.
Add felt and stitch the pin on the back.
I made it in 2 colors.
Perfect for gift.
Perfect for jacket, perfect for summer!