This morning I got message from WordPress, informing my blog’s 2nd anniversary. Then I checked my archive, 62 posts, wow… it may not sound a lot to many of you but to me it is big number, how did I write that all? I do hope, whether sweet or sour, my posts bring you inspiration. Thank you my followers, the readers, and the visitors!
Since today is quite special, I want to celebrate with this easy yummy recipe, Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno, enjoy!
1. Clean and cut 5 big Jalapenos in half, seeded.
2. Mix the filling: 1/3C cream cheese, 1/4C Parmesan, 1/4C Cheddar, 1/4C white swiss cheese, 1 tbs green onion, dash of pepper.
3. Fill the Jalapenos with the filling, bake at 325F for about 20 minutes. Use the foil to line the pan, spray the bottom with olive oil first.
4. Add extra shredded parmesan and green onion on the top, serve.
5. Bon appétit!
This menu is perfect for my mango craving,… well, I feel like I didn’t get to eat enough mango when I was visiting Indonesia last time. Also perfect for summer since I am so ready to say goodbye to this winter. Enjoy!
1. Prepare: 1 big mango ( I prefer the half ripe as it’s firm enough for crunchiness yet not too sour) thinly sliced, yields about 2C. 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved. 1/4C roasted peanut, chopped. 2tbs dried shrimp, rinsed. 1/4 tsp shrimp paste. juice from 1/2 lime. 2tbs fish sauce. 1/4C cane sugar, melted with 2tbs water added. 1 clove of garlic. some sliced thai chilles.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, ground/ bash garlic, dried shrimp, shrimp paste, and then half of the roasted peanuts at the last. Add Lime juice, fish sauce and melted cane sugar. This will be the dressing.
3. On the small bowl, mix the mango, tomatoes, and chillies, then put the dressing and mix well.
4. Add the remaining roasted peanut and cilantro for garnish, serve, bon appétit.
These are the little projects I did when I was visiting my family in Indonesia last December, 13- January, 14, handmade headbands for my little one. The red one was specially made for her 1st birthday party, the pink one was for her christening, which both took place in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Hopefully it brings you inspiration!