I have this red yeast rice wine that’s been sitting in my fridge for almost 5 years. My aunt gave me to be used in her fish soup recipe. This recipe here is my own version which tastes as delicious as hers.. I think 🙂
This soup is very oriental, specially because of ginger and gojiberry.
Serving 4 medium bowl
1. Prepare 1 lb. yellow tail snapper fillet (or red snapper), 1/2 C cooking rice wine, 2 tbs red yeast rice wine, 1/4 c gojiberry (rinsed), 1 C sliced radish, 1/2 C sliced ginger, salt to taste.
2. Pan fried the snapper fillets in +/- 5 tbs vegetable oil, set aside, leave the oil in pan.
3. Saute the ginger, add red yeast rice wine and rice cooking wine, stir until the alcohol reduced. Meanwhile cook the radish in 5 C water.
4. Pour the ingredient in the pan and gojiberries into the boiled water, add salt to taste, cook for about 5 mins before add the snapper fillet, cook for another 5-8 mins to get all the flavors in the soup.
5. Bon appétit.
Since I didn’t have grocery shopping last week, I only had 1 bunch of napa cabbage and 2 pcs 1ft long basa fillet left in the fridge. I decided to make Basa Fillet & Napa Cabbage in Kimchi Style for dinner. Why kimchi ? did I really use kimchi ? NO… It’s just a name that came to my mind because of the dish looks like kimchi, hot & spicy, plus I used napa cabbage which is the common vegetable for kimchi.
– 8 sheets Napa cabbage leaf, cut into 2inch or preferred size
– 2 pcs 1 ft long basa fish fillet, cut into 1inch or preferred size
– I egg white, lightly beaten
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2tbsp oyster sauce
– finely crushed 5 red chilies
– maize flour; ½ cup for fillet, 3tbsp diluted in ½ cup water for thickening
– sesame oil
– 5 tbsp vegetable oil
– additional 1 ½ cup water
– salt & pepper to taste
( note : ingredients above, except for napa, fish, and egg, are not precisely measured )
1. Mix fillets with eggs white and maize flour.
2. Cook the fillets in boiling water, set aside.
3. Sauté garlic in vegetable oil.
4. Add napa and oyster sauce, cooked until almost tender.
5. Add cooked fillets and chilies, stirring gently, add water + salt pepper to taste.
6. Pour the diluted maize flour while stirring thoroughly.
7. Drizzle with sesame o before serving.
8. Bon Appétit