Months before we moved in whenever I asked my little one what kind of bedroom she would like to have in our new place, her answer was Rapunzel room. I associated the room with purple color right away, the color theme of disney rapunzel. Well I was relieved she did not said pink or blue. I’m personally not a big fan of pink room and we had had blue room and I had enough of it. Purple sounds fun, soft, lavender, calm.. like it.
Then next question is what does Rapunzel room should have beside purple? Rapunzel picture? No.. the guy and the horse? of course no. I don’t want the room being overdecorated with Rapunzel knick knack that won’t last long. Something with purple and simple and clean and elegant and can be kept for years to come (probably until her middle). Then she said ” mama I want floating lights in my rapunzel room”. My first thought was oh no, I don’t wanna put lantern things on the ceiling. Hmm what about painting something on the wall that mimics the floating lights.
Do you think those gold circles close enough to floating lights ? 🙂
I used my husband’s shoe polish sponge (I don’t think he will realized it until he read this post) and leftover gold paint which I used in guest bedroom makeover in our old place. Unexpectedly the sponge leave the texture which I think make the gold stamps look unique and better.
And the best part is my daughter loves the room. Hope this inspire you!
I was very excited with this project and couldn’t wait to see them above the fireplace. The complete tutorial can be found here : http://blog.fabricworm.com/2010/12/christmas-stocking-tutorial.html
Initially I was planning to have them all in linen fabric but later I found out it’s only enough for 1 stocking. While digging my fabric stash, I saw this mocha color batik and decided to pair it with the linen.. so here they are!
I did snowflake beaded embroidery to add some sparkle on the linen fabric.
Also made mini wreaths.
This is a very pretty crochet pattern I got from RedHeart, here is the link: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/pretty-petals-potholder
I made this 2months ago, almost forgot to share it with you.
This was the sewing project I did for my friend to rescue her chairs. The chair is still in good condition except for its seat area, as you can see the leather cover is slightly ripped. She needed a cover to protect them as her kids like to explore they might use the chairs as their creativity project and causing further damage 🙂
First I made the template for the areas that have curve, drew it on large paper (this one was large shopping bag). Then I transferred the template onto the fabric. For the straight sided area I just measured and drew it directly onto the fabric. Next step was to sew all the pieces together. Didn’t take much time as I initially thought, really enjoyed making them.
This is the weekend project, easy and quick, crocheting little mouse. I’m planning to make more and put the magnet for the fridge… or it may just become my little M’s toy which is what it’s been, my baby’s been throwing and chasing it around 🙂
I didn’t write down the pattern, but it’s simple, just follow your imagination to get the shape with increase and decrease Sc.
Finally I managed to put together the room decor for the nursery which has been transformed to baby room since she is in the crawling stage now. It took more than 1 year to finish, sounds like forever to me specially when we had to deal with the mess of changing the flooring. Actually I don’t think it’s ever finished … before I know, she will need big girl bed and the decor will be changed.
This post summarizes the DIY projects I did before, I put the link to the previous posts so it’s easy for you to find the tutorials… Enjoy!
Here is the link: DIY wall mural
Here is the link: Alphabet Wall Decor
Here is the link: Crochet Koala Initial Sign
Here is the link: Crochet Flower planter
Here is the link: Curtain
Here is the link: Embroidery Hoop Art
Hopefully it brings inspiration.
I made these coasters for housewarming gift, I don’t have the crochet pattern for this project though .. sorry. What I did was making 4 chains, sl st together to make a circle then sc along the chains. In the inner round I did 2 sc at the same space, when the circle got bigger I reduced the count. I added sc at the same space whenever the edge began to curl, otherwise 1 sc for each space. The good news is I have the pattern for the flower edge 🙂 It needs 4 chains space for each : 1 sc, 1dc 1tc at the same space, 1tc, 1dc 1tc at the same space , repeat.