This is the soup that has become a hot topic between me, my mom, and my cousin… Lohikeitto, creamy salmon soup. Such a perfect soup for this fall weather. When I and my mom visited Helsinki last month, this soup was almost in our daily menu… we kept talking about how delicious it was and how we would miss it.
After spending nights googling and reviewing recipes, I finally came up with this. Enjoy!
1. Saute 1 C sliced leek and 1/4 C chopped onion in 1.5 tbs butter until wilt.
2. Add 1 C diced potato and 1/2 C thinly sliced carrot.
3. Add 3 C fish stock and 1 C water, cook until potatoes are soft then add 1 C heavy cream (less or more if you prefer thinner or thicker soup).
4. Stir to mix then add 2 small bay leaves, 2 lime leaves, 1/2 tbs pink pepper corn, 1 bunch chopped dill leaves.
5. Let it boiled for another 5minutes before adding 2 C diced salmon, continue to cook until the salmon is cooked through. Add salt to taste. Add 1 tbs butter then turn it off.
6. Serve, bon appétit!
We have a section in the freezer dedicated to salmon since my little one hit 1 year mark. It is her favorite menu. With all those salmons ready to be grabbed and cooked I started searching new salmon menu, I found this recipe here http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pan-roasted-salmon-with-tomato-vinaigrette.
I changed the cooking method, instead of transferring the salmon from stove to oven I just seared the salmon on the pan and put lid to cover couple minutes to make sure it’s cook entirely.