I like quiche especially spinach mushroom quiche. Since I didn’t have pie pastry and felt lazy to make pie crust I decided to go with ingredients that I had in fridge, potatoes. I remembered reading a post about making potato crust for dessert then came the idea of making Potato Crust Cup-quiche.
I thought quiche in cupcake size would be super cute, just be patient with the process and you will be happy with the result. It is also good for snack. Instead of spinach and ham, I used broccoli and chicken sausage.
* 12 cupcake size servings
1. Shred 4 small/medium potatoes, squeeze extra water, add 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/2 tsp salt, mix thoroughly.
2. Press the potato mixture into well greased cupcake pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
3. For the filling : put 2 tbsp e.v.o.o in pan and cook 1/3 cup onion until transparent then add 1 cup sliced mushroom, stir for about 2 minutes, add 1 cup broccoli florets and 1/2 cup sliced/chopped chicken sausage.
4. For the egg mixture : whisk 2 eggs with 1/2 cup heavy cream, dash of nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. Put the filling into potato crust, add shredded cheddar cheese, pour the egg mixture.
6. Put back into oven for another 20 minutes.
7. Bon appétit.
In my search for an ultimate chocolate cake recipe, I found this simple recipe and decided to give it a try. Well, my point is 8 out of 10 for this recipe, quite good. I did a little adjustment and added my secret ingredient which is now not so secret anymore after you read this post. If you add some frosting on the top, I think it will be yummier.
– 4 eggs + 4 egg yolks
– 175 gr sugar
– 150 gr butter, melted
– 100 gr flour
– 20 gr maize flour
– 50 gr chocolate powder
– the original recipe uses ½ tbsp baking powder, I changed it to ¼ tbsp ( just a little effort to be more natural ).
secret ingredient : Loving Kindness – most of us will agree if I say “when we think chocolate, we think love ( valentine )”- so try to meditate the love you get everyday while trying this recipe. Today I dedicated the cake to the unconditional love my mom gives to me J.
My other secret ingredient is yogurt. Most of the time I will add 1-2 tbsp of yogurt to any cake recipe, makes the cake more moist. I have proved it myself.
1. Prepare the oven to 350° F.
2. Beat together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until pale and fluffy, add yogurt and beat for another minute.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together and mix into the batter alternately with melted butter. Make sure it’s mixed well.
4. Pour into cupcake paper cup.
5. Bake, test with toothpick.