I like quiche especially spinach mushroom quiche. Since I didn’t have pie pastry and felt lazy to make pie crust I decided to go with ingredients that I had in fridge, potatoes. I remembered reading a post about making potato crust for dessert then came the idea of making Potato Crust Cup-quiche.
I thought quiche in cupcake size would be super cute, just be patient with the process and you will be happy with the result. It is also good for snack. Instead of spinach and ham, I used broccoli and chicken sausage.
* 12 cupcake size servings
1. Shred 4 small/medium potatoes, squeeze extra water, add 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/2 tsp salt, mix thoroughly.
2. Press the potato mixture into well greased cupcake pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
3. For the filling : put 2 tbsp e.v.o.o in pan and cook 1/3 cup onion until transparent then add 1 cup sliced mushroom, stir for about 2 minutes, add 1 cup broccoli florets and 1/2 cup sliced/chopped chicken sausage.
4. For the egg mixture : whisk 2 eggs with 1/2 cup heavy cream, dash of nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. Put the filling into potato crust, add shredded cheddar cheese, pour the egg mixture.
6. Put back into oven for another 20 minutes.
7. Bon appétit.
8 thoughts on “Potato Crust Cup-quiche”
Hmmm….this looks unusually delicious! I’ll have to try this for the Mr. 😉
These quiche look delicious. I love petite sized servings and will certainly try the potato crust. What a great idea. Love your blog.
Yes agree, petite serving looks cute .. thanks for visiting.
Great idea! Do you keep potatoes in the fridge?
thanks.. yes I keep almost everything in the fridge, except bananas 🙂 can’t stand to see clutter ……
Looks Yummy! I’ll have to try this, would be great for work snacks.
I’m going to give it a shot 🙂