Kani Corn SaladPosted: March 16, 2012
My lovely neighbor Jan inspired me to make my own kani salad. She told me about the delicious kani salad in a sushi restaurant close to our houses. The way she described it could make your mouth watering and your stomach singing … yummy, I think that sushi restaurant should give her at least a special discount for promoting its salad!!! Yes she is right, it’s the best kani salad I’ve ever had.
Then I started my search for kani salad recipes so that I can have it anytime. Here is the recipe, I adopted from 3 sources to make my own style, though it is not as delicious as the sushi restaurant’s but I think it’s close 🙂
1. Shred the 8 kani sticks ( imitation crab stick ).
2. Drain 1/2 can corn kernel.
3. 2 cups lettuce, finely sliced.
4. Fry 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, leave it on paper towel to remove extra oil.
5. The dressing, mix together :
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce ( optional )
- 2 tbsp sushi vinegar
- pinch of salt
6. Arrange the lettuce on the bottom of serving bowl.
7. Toss kani, corn kernel, and panko with the dressing then put on the top of lettuce. Serve.
8. Bon appétit.