Simple Chocolate CupcakePosted: March 3, 2012
In my search for an ultimate chocolate cake recipe, I found this simple recipe and decided to give it a try. Well, my point is 8 out of 10 for this recipe, quite good. I did a little adjustment and added my secret ingredient which is now not so secret anymore after you read this post. If you add some frosting on the top, I think it will be yummier.
– 4 eggs + 4 egg yolks
– 175 gr sugar
– 150 gr butter, melted
– 100 gr flour
– 20 gr maize flour
– 50 gr chocolate powder
– the original recipe uses ½ tbsp baking powder, I changed it to ¼ tbsp ( just a little effort to be more natural ).
secret ingredient : Loving Kindness – most of us will agree if I say “when we think chocolate, we think love ( valentine )”- so try to meditate the love you get everyday while trying this recipe. Today I dedicated the cake to the unconditional love my mom gives to me J.
My other secret ingredient is yogurt. Most of the time I will add 1-2 tbsp of yogurt to any cake recipe, makes the cake more moist. I have proved it myself.
1. Prepare the oven to 350° F.
2. Beat together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until pale and fluffy, add yogurt and beat for another minute.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together and mix into the batter alternately with melted butter. Make sure it’s mixed well.
4. Pour into cupcake paper cup.
5. Bake, test with toothpick.