I’ve made this recipe several times, and have always been happy with the outcome… I can say that this is fool proof brioche recipe since even me who just started baking bread not long ago can not mess it.
The original recipe is by Simply Delicious, Brioche Loaf.
If you don’t have bread maker or fancy standing mixer, hand mixer and elbow grease will also do, hopefully this tutorial will help.
- In a bowl combine 125ml warm milk, 70 gr sugar, and 10 gr dried yeast.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes until creamy and start to froth slightly.
- Add 4 eggs, beat with mixer until well incorporated, light, and creamy.
- Slowly add 500 gr all purpose flour and 2 tsp salt, continue to mix until all the flour has been incorporated, then continue for another minute. At this stage, the mixture will start to form sticky rubbery dough and your hand mixture might not be able to go further. It’s ok, next step we will continue with hands so you can put aside the hand mixer.
5. Add 175 gr butter, cubed. Butter has to be slightly soft for our hands to knead it.
9. The next day, remove it from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
10. Add some raisins ( soak the raisins in warm water first), divide the dough into small buns, place them in muffin tin, cover with cloth and allow to rise for 2 hours.
11. Preheat oven to 180C.
12. Brush the buns with eggwash, bake about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your bun, until golden brown.
13. Remove and let to cool.
Mushroom is definitely one of my favorite thing in cooking… it is versatile and tastes delicious. Often times I only saute it in oil and add generous amount of garlic and that’s it, this simple menu’s never failed me. Mushroom in pasta is a perfect addition, mushroom in quiche is also very good. Though we, my husband and me, like mushroom very much, my little one does not. Luckily she likes this mushroom pie. This recipe is so good and easy, perfect for my little one snack time, I got it from King Arthur : http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/spinach-and-mushroom-hand-pies-recipe. For the dough I followed the original recipe, for the filling I excluded the spinach.
Making the pie dough is easy and quick, I only used 2 forks and little elbow grease… I prepared the dough the day before, refrigerated it, baked it in the next morning…. you know when you have 2 yo, things can’t be predicted and plans often need to be adjusted. The good thing with this recipe is you can always refrigerate either the dough or the filling, so no need to worry when you are not able to make it the same day.
Easy and good pound cake recipe, almost impossible to fail, the recipe is from Southern Living : http://www.food.com/recipe/cream-cheese-pound-cake-with-strawberries-and-cream-51739
We went to strawberry picking last weekend, this is what I made with those beautiful red berries. All you have to do is put the strawberry, milk, sugar/honey into the blender until smooth then pour into the popsicle mold, easy!
Just another simple recipe using homemade puff pastry, this time using blueberry. Enjoy!
1. Mix 2 C Blueberry with 2Tbs lemon juice, 3 Tbs sugar, 3 Tbs corn starch, set aside.
2. Cut the puff pastry sheet into smaller square, 6″x 6″ total 8 squares (if using ready frozen pastry, just divide each sheet into 4 squares ).
3. Spread 1Tbs cream cheese then scoop the blueberry into each square, fold the perimeter to hold the berries, brush with egg wash.
4. Bake in 350F oven about 15-20 minutes or the pastry is golden brown. Drizzle with honey (optional).
This is my first bun, bread, roll, basically anything that uses yeast. I’d always been hesitate trying to make my own bread from scratch,… I was just not ready facing the possibility that the dough may not rise or at the end the bread may become tough and hard, I don’t want to waste my muscle for kneading 🙂
Then I found this recipe, the title seemed very promising, “The Best Sweet Yeast Roll Dough I Have Ever Found” by Kathie Carr.
How could I not fall for it? I felt like my longing for making bread with recipe that will work for even a dummy like me had finally come to the end, and it did work!
I modified the recipe by adding cheese, it’s really good. I am happy with the texture and taste though it’s not the softest bun in the world but for me it’s good…. maybe adding more muscle power on the kneading process will make it better, will definitely try it next time.
This recipe is a keeper, see how nice its texture.
Ever since I found the recipe for quick puff pastry I’ve never bought frozen ready pastry sheet from store anymore. Once you know that it tastes much better and actually not as hard to make it as you thought before, you may end up like me, making your own puff pastry. Puff pastry is very versatile, you can make many different recipes with it, Chicken pot pie is one of them. I also use it often for snack, like pastry roll up and banana puff pocket.
The chicken soup filling recipe is by Barefoot Contessa from food network.