Sole Miso SoupPosted: June 4, 2012
For you who like oriental culinary this soup would satisfy your taste buds unless you don’t like food with fermented soybeans. This recipe tastes rich in simple way.
1. Sauté 1/2 cup sliced ginger and 3/4 cup of sliced yellow onion in 3 tbsp of heated vegetable oil, stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add 1/2 cups sliced carrot, 1 cup sliced daikon radish, 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushroom, stir for 2 minutes then add 4 cups of water.
3. Whisk 3 tbsp of fermented soy bean paste and 2 tbsp of soy sauce, add into the soup.
4. When the soup is boiling and radish is softer, put 2 Sole fillets ( sliced in 1/2 inch wide strips ).
5. Add 1/4 tsp sugar and salt pepper to taste.
6. Just when the sole is opaque throughout, add 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onion , stir then turn off the stove.
7. Drizzle sesame oil and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
8. Bon Appétit