For you who like oriental culinary this soup would satisfy your taste buds unless you don’t like food with fermented soybeans. This recipe tastes rich in simple way.
1. Sauté 1/2 cup sliced ginger and 3/4 cup of sliced yellow onion in 3 tbsp of heated vegetable oil, stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add 1/2 cups sliced carrot, 1 cup sliced daikon radish, 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushroom, stir for 2 minutes then add 4 cups of water.
3. Whisk 3 tbsp of fermented soy bean paste and 2 tbsp of soy sauce, add into the soup.
4. When the soup is boiling and radish is softer, put 2 Sole fillets ( sliced in 1/2 inch wide strips ).
5. Add 1/4 tsp sugar and salt pepper to taste.
6. Just when the sole is opaque throughout, add 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onion , stir then turn off the stove.
7. Drizzle sesame oil and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
8. Bon Appétit