Simple & Easy Mocha CakePosted: November 12, 2012
1. Prepare :
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- sift 1 C cake flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder (original version uses 1tsp baking powder and cream of tartar)
- dissolve 1 tsp instant coffee + 1 tsp cocoa powder + 1 tsp water + 1 tsp vanilla
2. Whisk 6 eggs (at room temperature)+ 1 C sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Pour the coffee mixture into egg mixture, followed by oil, beat until well combined.
4. Stir in flour mixture and gently fold until well blended. Divide the batter between 2, 9″round cake pans (line the bottom with parchment paper and put baking spray around the inside). Bake in 375 F oven about 20 minutes, check with toothpick.
5. For the filling cream : whisk 1 1/2 C heavy cream + powdered sugar (as your preferred sweetness) + 2 tbsp kahlua, coffee liqueur + 1 tbsp optional amaretto, almond liqueur.
6. Bon appétit!