Very Cocoa Nutella Pound CakePosted: March 9, 2012
When I read the post about this recipe, it reminded me of my friend who is a big fan of Nutella and Dark Chocolate. The original version uses Nutella ( hazelnut spread ) but the writer of this post substituted it with dark chocolate spread. I thought why don’t just combine them and here we are … “Very Cocoa Nutella Pound Cake”.
- Preheat oven to 320° F.
- Grease and flour the loaf pan ( 9 x 5 inch ).
- Sift together 1 ½ cup flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, set aside.
- Lightly beat 4 eggs and 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, set aside.
- Melt ¼ cup dark chocolate with 1 ½ tbsp butter ( double boiler method ), set aside.
- Beat 2 sticks unsalted butter ( softened ) with 1 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated and add flour mixture slowly in low speed until just incorporated. Keep mixing for another 20 seconds.
- Pour and spread ½ of the batter into the pan then spread 7 ounce Nutella on the top.
- Top with remaining batter then spread the melted dark chocolate on the top.
- Using the opposite end of a spoon ( or any kitchen utensil that similar ) make a light swirl to mix the chocolate spread into the batter.
- Bake for 75 minutes, check with toothpick.
- Enjoy !!
My special ingredients : Gratitude + 2 tbsp plain yogurt ( added before flour mixture )